November 3rd, 2016
REGULAR SELECTBOARD MEETING — THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2016 AT 5;30PM
- Present: Steve Barrup, Jerry Waterman, Richard Gosselin, Denise Daigle, Glenn Foster, Debra Letourneau, Leo Letourneau, Barry and Jayne Sahagian, Jim Sugden, Tom Collins, Ernest Choquette, Albert Felker, Frank Richard’, Fred Baraw, Dwight Brunnette, Mike Paradis, Charlie Pronto.
Steve called the meeting to order at 5:30PM
- Rick made a motion to approve minutes of 10/6 and 10/17 meeting, seconded by Jerry and Passed on a voice vote.
- Appearances by local citizens/visitors
Barry was here to discuss the open meeting law, the public records act, Australian ballot voting and recreation for the town.– –
- Road Commissioner report Leo Letourneau was here to discuss issues he has with Clark Mountain Road by his home. Some discussion followed. Albert Felker gave notice to the board and Jim Sugden to deliver to Ron Merrill, trail coordinator for Country Riders snowmobile club, giving notice that his property is closed to snowmobile traffic. Fred informed the board of repair work to be done on town equipment.
- Ambulance contract for 2017 was discussed. Steve made a motion to accept the Newport ambulance contract as amended and printed, seconded by Rick and passed on a voice vote.
- Glenn Foster was here to update the board on the conservation committee. The conservation committee will recommend to the board terms for the members of this committee. The committee would like the town to put some gravel from the Marten’s land to the landing on posiny hilt. Some discussion followed. The committee is divided on the future use of the poginy hill land. The majority of the board would like to establish an ATV trail thru this property as well as other trails for cross country skiing, hiking, etc. The majority of the committee would like to have Luke Hardt establish these trails. Steve made a motion, based on the conservation committee’s recommendation, to have Luke map out trails on the town’s Poginy Hill property, seconded by Jerry and passed on a voice vote.
- Water/Sewer report Fred stated all is going well in both areas. The recovery rate will be monitored on new emergency well. Fred will make sure this gets done and report back to the board.
- Unfinished/new business — Ernest stated that there are only three members on the zoning board and new members need to be appointed by the board. The board stated that they have tried by ads in newspaper and notices in public places to find interested citizens, but no one has expressed any interest.
- The board signed orders and reviewed bank statement.
Voted to adjourn at 7:15PM.
Select Board Meeting
Present: Steve Barrup, Jerry Waterman, Richard Gosselin, Denise Daigle, Mr. and Mrs. Leo Letourneau, Ernest Choquette, Ron Merrill, Frank Richardi, Bill DiCarlo, Jim Sugden, Tom Collins, Barry and Jayne Sahagian
Steve called the meeting to order at 5:30PM and introduced those present.
Road Commissioner – no report.
Selectboard signed orders, reviewed bank statement.
Voted to adjourn at 6:30PM.
Select Board Meeting
Slide Content goes here
May 5th 2016