REGULAR SELECTBOARD MEETING, THURSDAY, APRIL 6, 2017 AT 5;30PM
PRESENT: Steve Barrup, Jerry Waterman, Richard Gosselin, Denise Daigle, Mike Morin, Randy Mathison, Albert Felker, Tom Schrock, James Donvoan, Denny Donovan Ryan and Joanne Collins, Chris Donovan, Norm Patenaude, Phil Brooks, Sheryl Brown, Mary Bekkouche, Laurie Eastman, Kathy and Greg Monty, Fred Baraw.
Steve called the meeting to order at 5:30PM and introduced those present.
Jerry made a motion to approve minutes of 3/9, 3/14, 3/20, 3/29, 3/30 meetings, seconded by Rick and approved by the board.
- Sheriffs Department Phil Brooks was here to have the board sign the contract with the
sheriff’s department for 2017. The board signed this contract.
- Ambulance contract — the board signed the contract for the year 4/1/17 to 3/31/18 with the Newport Ambulance.
- The ATV committee recommended to the selectboard that they adopt the ATV ordinance as written and reviewed by Bill Davies. Jerry Waterman made a motion to adopt the ATV ordinance, this was seconded by Rick. Some discussion followed. This passed on a voice vote.
- Road Commissioner Report selectboard reviewed the 2017 paving bids. The only bid received was from Pike for a bid of $160,740.00 for paving 1.8 miles of Searles Road and patching 13 culverts on the Cross Road and Vance Hill. Jerry made a motion to accept Pike’s bid, this was seconded and passed on a voice vote. The selectboard stated to Fred that culvert repairs are to come out of the road budget and not the paving bid. Selectboard authorized Fred to sign the paving contract paper work.
- Water/Sewer/Solar Panel Update — Fred stated that the water and sewer are running smoothly and holding their own. Steve stated that the water bond vote passed 95 yes 13 no 1 blank.
SPECIAL SELECTBOARD MEETING, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, 2017 AT 8:00AM
Present: Steve Barrup, Jerry Waterman, Richard Gosselin, Denise Daigle, Fred and Mike Baraw
Steve called the meeting to order at 8:00AM
Discussed the budget for 2017.
Fred will look into the price of a new mower, tractor and grader.
Jerry made a motion to take the purchase of the 2016 ten wheeler out of the restricted highway fund, seconded by Steve and. Passed on a voice vote.
REGULAR SELECTBOARD MEETING-THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2017 AT 5;30PM
Present: Steve Barrup, Jerry Waterman, Richard Gosselin, Denise Daigle, Barry and Jayne Sahagian, Ernest Choquette, Fred Baraw
Steve called the meeting to order at 5:30PM.
Rick made a motion to approve the minutes of 12/8 meeting, seconded by Jerry and Passed on a voice vote.
Appearances by local citizens/visitors — Ernest stated that the zoning board will get together to try to find new members sometime this month. Barry discussed a recreation budget and would like a budget for this on the warning for 2017.
Barry would like to see some money in the budget for electronics.